As many of you know, I have been trying to help people in the SCOM and monitoring communities by answering questions, writing blogs, books, webinars and all kinds of content to increase the use and effectiveness of monitoring environments anywhere in the world. Part of my work, both community and as a consultant has always been educating people about the use of SCOM. There used to be a limited set of official SCOM training options out there, and most seem to have gone or have gone out of date.
I was always doing blackboard or whiteboard sessions on customer locations without a fixed structure to give trainings in SCOM at different levels, from base Operator to specialist topics. This is always based on the immediate requirements of a certain customer. What we noticed was there were no SCOM Operator trainings out there. And usually there would be anywhere from 5 to 20 or more Operators to 1 SCOM Admin. This is the point where we decided to create our own TopQore SCOM Operator training. And we decided to create a certification plan at different levels for SCOM.
This is our SCOM Certification overview in 1 picture.
There are 3 levels of training, at the Operator level, Administrator level and Specialist level. Every training has an exam at the end and when both the training and the exam is passed with success, we issue a certification badge. For Operator and Administrator there are certification badges as seen in the first row. For Specialist trainings these are achievement badges and when 4 of those are collected on top of having the SCOM Administrator, the SCOM Specialist certification badge is issued. You can show these certification badges to HR, managers, and social media in the same way as several other modern certifications in IT.
Aside from the different levels of training, we also made the trainings fresh. They are colorful and we hope entertaining. There are lots of demos and we have special guest appearances as well by well known MVPs and community members.
We also wanted the threshold to learning to be very low, so we kept the prices for these trainings very low as well.
For prices of these trainings and dates and also short videos giving you a quick impression of what each training is about, please visit the pages belong to each training! If you are in the Euro zone, you could contact us through [email protected] for an invoice.
TopQore Certified SCOM Operator Badge
- The aligned course is our TopQore SCOM Operator Training
- Earners of the TopQore Certified SCOM Operator badge have demonstrated foundational level knowledge of Microsoft SCOM in order to use the SCOM console as a SCOM Operator.
- Requirements: Attending the TopQore SCOM Operator Training and passing a Test.
TopQore Certified SCOM Administrator Badge
- The aligned course is our TopQore SCOM Administrator Training
- Earners of the TopQore Certified SCOM Administrator certification have demonstrated relevant knowledge of Microsoft SCOM in order to:
- Create a basic design and perform a basic installation of SCOM
- Use the SCOM console to do all basic tasks belonging to Operator and Administrator functions
- Understand the Class and Health Models
- Work with Management Packs
- Work with Reporting
- Work with Agents
- Understand User Roles and Permissions
- Perform basic maintenance tasks required to keep SCOM healthy.
- Requirements: Attending the TopQore SCOM Administrator Training and passing a Test. And having attained the TopQore Certified SCOM Operator badge.
TopQore SCOM Specialist Module Badge
- Earners of the TopQore SCOM Specialist module badge have demonstrated foundational level knowledge of a specific Microsoft SCOM feature named in the badge. Examples of module subjects are Designing for High Availability, Network Device Monitoring, Linux/Unix Device Monitoring, MP Authoring, Dashboarding and more.
- The aligned course is our TopQore Specialist Module Training. These trainings are given after the SCOM Administrator course. This training and test can also be presented by a Technology Training Partner of TopQore.
- Requirements: Attending the TopQore SCOM Specialist Module Training and passing a Test.
TopQore Certified SCOM Specialist Badge
- Earners of the TopQore Certified SCOM Specialist certification have demonstrated relevant knowledge of Microsoft SCOM in a number of specialized areas above SCOM Administrator level. This requires attending at least 4 custom SCOM module trainings on top of the SCOM Administrator credential.
- The aligned courses are the ones for the SCOM Specialist Modules
- Requirements: Having the TopQore Certified SCOM Administrator badge and 4 TopQore SCOM Specialist Module badges.
I highly encourage you to have a look at the options there, and of course if more specific or customized options are needed, you can reach me and us at [email protected] for more information.
The goal is to make it possible for Operators to use SCOM effectively and not just to stare at way too many alerts in a long list. For Administrators, both beginning and experienced this is a good point to talk about design/install/agents/authentication/daily activities and much more. And the specialist modules are more geared toward the monitoring situations you might find yourself in, and need more information and experience about.
I hope to see you there soon!