Last night Microsoft released UR5 for SCOM 2019. As a second remark, also DPM 2019 UR5 got released recently. And VMM 2019 also has a UR5 released.
Back to SCOM now.
SCOM 2019 UR5 is KB5025123 and can be found here https://support.microsoft.com/kb/5025123
The file downloads can be found in the catalog at Microsoft Update Catalog
SCOM Update releases come with improvements and fixes. The improvement being that it now possible to discover SCOM Managed Instance from the SCOM console. See What’s New in Operations Manager | Microsoft Learn for more information regarding that. Although that is basically the whole message.
Fixes (as stated on the msft page):
- Fixed an issue where editing an existing Maintenance Mode schedule does not change the Reason and/or Comment.
- Fixed an issue where when setting Maintenance Mode via PowerShell, the Availability Reports were not reflecting correct information.
- Fixed the issue in which Member column in group View was introducing delay in group operations.
- Fixed an issue of users getting HTTP200 error when trying to setup Log Analytics connection.
- The script (GetOpsMgrDBPercentFreeSpace.vbs) which is part of System Center Core Monitoring MP monitor has been moved from VBS to PowerShell and, now reports Operations DataBase free space correctly.
- A new registry key (for debugging purposes) to enable Bad.xml file creation is introduced in UR5 which does not exist by default but needs to be created. Registry key details below.
- [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HealthService\Parameters] – XmlDebugEnabled (DWORD) – default 0 and 1 for ENABLED
- Fixed multiple Web Console Security Vulnerabilities.
- Note: The Web.config files of both HTMLDashboard and MonitoringView web apps will be replaced, so any changes done to settings inside of these will have to be remade.
- The organization of temporary files used for kerberos based authentication is further enhanced to prevent any misuse.
- Fixed Data parsing issues in Linux agent that might cause the agent to crash.
Unix/Linux/Network monitoring fixes and changes
- Fixed an issue where msgAuthenticationParameters needs to have 0 length during engine discovery of SNMPv3 devices. Also
- Fixed an issue related to SNMP Discovery where we see MonitoringHost.exe crashes.
- Fixed the issue where user was unable to run Get-SCXAgent and Invoke-SCXDiscovery remotely using Invoke-Command.
- Fixed Linux agent crash issue caused by variable out of scope issue for _HandleGetClassReq.
- Fixed an issue that would causes Linux agent to crash when DSC provider is installed.
- Added supportability on Operations Manager Linux Agent for Rocky Linux 8, Alma Linux 8. systems with OpenSSL 3.0, RHEL 9.0 for Ubuntu 22.
It looks like the version numbers to expect are 10.19.10606.0 for management server (+Web+Reporting) and 10.19.10211.0 for agents and gateways.
The installation procedure and order are exactly the same as every other SCOM 2019 (and 2022) update rollup.