The SQL 2008 R2 Best Practises Analyzer (BPA) has been released and can be downloaded follwing this link:
This BPA works with both SQL 2008 and SQL 2008 R2.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 BPA is a diagnostic tool that performs the following functions:
- Gathers information about a Server and a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 instance installed on that Server
- Determines if the configurations are set according to the recommended best practices
- Reports on all configurations, indicating settings that differ from recommendations
- Indicates potential problems in the installed instance of SQL Server
- Recommends solutions to potential problems
The following are required for using SQL Server 2008 R2 Best Practices Analyzer:
- PowerShell V2.0
- Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer V2.0
Make sure to read the installation and configuration instructions, especially if you want to remote scan several servers from one location.